Eviction Resources

Eviction Resources

Crisis Assistance - Emergency Financial Assistance

Rent and utility assistance is available for Mecklenburg County residents at 500-A Spratt St, Monday - Friday from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.  Please review the list of documents you will need to bring to apply.

Mecklenburg County residents with access to email and internet may choose to apply online.  Online requests are accepted during business hours until capacity is reached.

United Way - Evictions 211

NC 211 is an information and referral service provided by United Way of North Carolina. Accessible via an easy-to-remember, three-digit number, families and individuals can call to obtain free and confidential information on health and human services and resources within their community. Dial 2-1-1 or 1-888-892-1162 to speak with a call specialist.

Additional Rent and Utility Assistance Resources

The local programs listed below also provide rent and utility assistance. The NC 211 Resource database may also have a local program that can help you. In addition, you should check with local churches or community organizations to see if they have assistance available.

Legal Assistance

Know Your Rights Tenant Resources

Follow TORC on Social Media
Housing Justice Organizer Contacts: